Responsible for decontamination and cleaning of all equipment and instrumentation; ensures cleanliness and sterility of all instruments.
- Evaluates functioning of equipment; reports malfunction of equipment and instrumentation and follows through to insure appropriate repairs are complete and maintenance performed.
- Accurately assembles instruments sets based on established count sheets; effectively uses materials and supplies to assemble instrument sets and minimize waste.
- Appropriately prepares and packages single instrument items.
- Differentiates items that require steam versus gas sterilization.
- Stores, delivers, and manages sterile supplies using aseptic technique.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment and work habits.
- Establishes appropriate priority to multiple demands and requests.
- Uses equipment and instrumentation properly to prevent damage.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing treatment rooms after each use.